Saturday, July 30, 2011

Well, here goes!

For a while now I've wanted to start writing a blog.  I know.  Those of you who know me well are probably saying, “How in the world are you going to fit that in, too?”   I agree.  I didn't think I would have the time to give enough attention to the blog.  That’s why I’ve put if off for so long.  My "writer" side won out, though, so here I am... writing a blog.

My goal with this first blog post is to introduce myself to those of you who may not know me so well.  That way maybe you'll understand a little more about some of the future posts I will write.  So here goes:  

I'm an almost-40-year-old mother of 2 children (a 15-year-old daughter and a 9-year-old son) and blessed to be married to my wonderful husband, Michael, for the last 3 years.

What do I do to keep myself so busy, you say?  Well, let me just list a few of my descriptors - which, by the way, I wouldn't change for anything, well, except graduating from college... again.  I'm kind of ready for that to be over.  
~ Wife
~ Mom
~ Friend
~ Official taxi driver of the family for all the kids' activities:  violin lessons, sporting events, church activities, babysitting jobs, cub scouts, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera...
~ Full-time home-based medical transcriptionist
~ Part-time college student (earning a 2nd degree in Health Information Management, my first was in Education)
~ Homeschool teacher to my teenage daughter and upper elementary son
~ Physical science and Latin teacher for our homeschool co-op
~ Precept Bible study leader in our church student ministry
~ Official “greeter” for our midweek student service at church
~ Cub scout leader
~ Member of a monthly Christian Ladies Book Club
~ Member of a monthly Ladies Precept Bible study
~ Avid reader (you'll see lots of book reviews here on the blog I'm sure)
~ Stitcher ~ cross-stitch and crochet mainly, although I do break out the sewing machine every now and then, and one of these days I’m going to make some really cool t-shirt quilts for the kids from all their “souvenir” t-shirts that we’ve saved over the years from all their activities
~ List-maker and organization queen… please pass the sticky notes  J
~ and last but certainly not least – Jesus freak and Daughter of the King!

The things I love most to do in my “free” time are cooking (trying new recipes and baking especially), reading, watching movies (which I may also comment on occasionally here), organizing something or making a list or spreadsheet, working on a stitching project (often while I’m watching a movie or TV), hanging out with the kids and their friends, and playing a crazy card game called Nertz.  Oh, and sometimes I even sleep.  

Well… until next time… remember that the Lord has great plans for you.

Heather

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you blogging! I find that Facebook doesn't give me enough space to write all of my words, but blogging helps me to express myself a bit. :) Have fun! (And congrats to Kaity!)

    ReplyDelete