Monday, August 1, 2011

215 days and counting

What are the milestones of life that you will never forget?

For me, one of the most memorable was passing the driving portion of my driver's license exam and heading down to the DMV to get my "real" license.

Today Kaity reached that milestone herself... passing the driving portion of her driver's test with a perfect score.  Yes, folks, she's semi-official now.  She still has to wait 215 more days until she actually turns 16 and gets to drive off without an adult for the first time, but that's just a matter of counting down the days.  All the legalities of driving solo are now complete, and she's just waiting on the chronology to catch up.  The plan is for her to get her "official" plastic license on Thursday.  We would have done it today right after she passed the test, but she (being a teenager on summer break) just rolled out of bed, threw her hair in a ponytail, and went to take the test not thinking about the oh-so-important picture that would need to be taken at the DMV if she passed the test.  So, on Thursday she can primp to her satisfaction, and then I will introduce her to the fun of waiting in line to get your number called at the DMV.  Oh the joy.  (Me?  Sarcastic?)

Some days I think I can't wait until I can just say, "Hey, Kaity... Would you run to the store for me?" or "Kaity, Will you run your brother to <fill in this blank> for me?"  Then, other days I think, "How will I ever focus on anything knowing she's out there driving ALONE!?!"

It's fun, though, watching my own daughter begin to reach all these milestones that were such huge moments for me... a few years ago or so.

Until next time, remember the Lord has great plans for you!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment